Hello new year.

3:02 pm




There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind - C.S. Lewis

January 8th, 2017


Twenty seventeen is here. Everyone is writing a list of goals to achieve by the end of the year. People want to drink more water, get fit, quit smoking, drinking and be the best version of themselves. Apparently it is common to make such a list, because it is better to wait for the new year. Well, new year probably means new chapter in life waiting to be written.

Twenty seventeen will be my year as well. When I look back on what I've achieved there is not many things. I have turned twenty and I have no idea where I am going. I feel like everything I try to achieve ends up a failure. I can never stick to my “goals”. But seeing everyone achieve what they want and be proud of it made me think that I can do it too. I do not want to set the bar high and tell myself to get fit, lose weight and eat healthy (I love McDonald and pizza way too much sorry) but I do need to take care of my health. Lazy, unproductive and unhealthy are adjectives I plan on leaving in twenty sixteen. This year is about finding who I am, what I want to do with my life and be proud of every aspect of the young woman I am becoming.

I am tired of waiting for life to get off my back. I am the one who’s going to decide of my future, who I let into my life and who does not deserve a place in it anymore whether or not they end up being hurt. (A little bit of selfishness never hurt anyone, right?). One thing I have learned is to always stick for what you believe in and never wait for anything or anyone besides yourself to make you happy. Never be afraid of cutting people off, you should not have to rip yourself into pieces to keep others whole (said someone smart).

Today is the day I chose to be happy and confident with who I am. It is not going to be easy, but nothing really is.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook